How do I know it is time to begin looking for a personal care home?
Most residents look for help in the areas of supervision of medications, assistance with physically strenuous tasks, and companionship.
If you or a loved one are having trouble with any of the following, a personal care home may be your answer:
- Remembering to take medications at the right time or in the right dosage
- Keeping up with household tasks (shoveling snow, mowing grass, fixing the sink)
- Moving around without assistance (walking up and down stairs, getting in and out of the bathtub)
- Driving or seeking transportation
- Finding living alone less satisfying
What are the rights of residents living in personal care?
The rights of a personal care resident in Pennsylvania are outlined in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Adult Residential Licensing Personal Care Homes document.
How do I pay for personal care services?
Services for the Home are paid for privately via a resident’s personal funds. Residents often pay from their savings or pensions.
If you don’t have funds to pay for your stay, the Episcopal Home has a benevolent care fund which can be used to help cover your costs. For our benevolent care, there is a five-year look-back period on your assets.
What personal care home amenities do you offer?
We offer amenities for our residents in order to make them feel comfortable and welcome. Some of the amenities we offer include:
- Appointed driver for EH van
- 24-hour supervision
- Assistance with medications and all daily living activities
- Dining options
- Laundry services
- On-site podiatrist
- On-site beautician and personal grooming options
- Activity opportunities
- University community benefits
- Benevolent care
- Spiritual care
- Free Wi-Fi
What are the visiting hours?
Our visiting hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Arrangements can be made for other visiting times provided visitors are respectful of the other residents.
What can I bring to the Episcopal Home?
You may bring personal furniture that fits into the room as long as it is approved by the maintenance staff. Other personal items such as pictures and decorations are recommended, as your room should be as comfortable as you desire. We want you to feel at home.
How do I make a donation?
Donations can be made to the Episcopal Home by mailing a check to 206 East Burd St. Shippensburg, PA 17257, to the attention of Mary Grace Shearer.